If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Powercurve
    Been Had Wheelies Silver91Hatch's Avatar

Default Megasquirt 2 and 3 users thread

Who all uses MS system on their fox? I have a MS2-PNP and a Stinger PiMPxs which is MS3 based. So far I am a MS newb but it seems pretty straight forward and user friendly.

Hoping to get more "tech" in this section as I plan to add boost control, ethonal content sensor and more inputs/outputs to make it more user friendly.

Post any questions or comments on anything MS based.
    Barry a.k.a. BJ, a.k.a. Junkyard Jedi.

Foxbodies:
    1991 Sonic Blue 5.0 Coupe SSP 5 Speed - 99% Stock 7.04 @ 98 mph
    1993 Burgandy 5.0 Coupe Auto - Not so stock 6.xx @ 10Xmph

I don't currently have any stand alone system, but I am interested in the PiMP XS in the future for the Fox. I'm sorta leaning toward the new Holley system for my 96.
    Silver '93 5.0 Coupe
    Laser Red '96 Cobra
    "I shall obliterate all the stars, and in their place I'll hang a black paper moon!"

I have the PiMP in my 93 and had it up and running in April 2014, it is not the PiMP XS but just PiMP. It is not tuned perfectly, I have a Procharger on a 363 CID. I am not up to speed on the tuning part of it so was looking for someone who is good or knowledgeable to help in this area. I don't know of anyone in the Columbus, Ohio area that tunes PiMP for fox mustang. A lot of people say the PiMP is fairly easy to set up and get running correctly but I have not had quite that good of an experience. Might go back to factory ECU and get a tune if I can't find someone.

Do you have the paid for and registered version of TunerStudio? Do you have a wideband oxygen sensor with an output? If so you should be able to link them up, set your target AFR table and go drive. The PCM self tunes.

Foxbodies:

I do have the registered version of Tunerstudio and a wideband O2 with an output (Innovate MTX-L 3844) but maybe they are not hooked up correctly, I'll check my setup instructions again. I haven't played with the setup in a while so I'll need to look over the instructions again.

Yeah, do that and let it auto tune. It might not be perfect but it will get you close and you can watch it change and see how to change it yourself.

Foxbodies: