Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Powercurve

Default supercharged BOV operation?

Can somebody spell out how a blow off valve for a 302 paxton supercharger is supposed to operate? Explain like I'm three. Draw it out in crayon if you have to...

My BOV is blowing by at idle, and I'm confused. I thought it was only supposed to blow off when the throttle plate closes quickly...
    Mike A.K.A. Ferrari

If the bov has vacuum to it its going to be open. At idle..part throttle,etc. Only time its closed is when there is no vacuum. Wide open throttle or maybe at hard part throttle when theres no vacuum.

Billy

90 LX coupe Dart 446ci/Twin turbo in the works
    93 LX calypso hatch....holding down the floor in the garage for 17+ years..
    99 Cobra vert w/ a 03 swap and solid rear 482rwhp/507rwtq
    18 GT Performance Pack 1 almost stock 442rwhp/406rwtq

Reviving this thread because I'm making the dyno appointment this weekend and want to make sure I've got everything correct for the shop...

Okay. Updating and resurrecting this post with new details. My new( current as of 5/16) setup is : 93 cobra ecu, 42 lb injectors, and 42lb calibrated maf setup, with the Paxton sn 93. Two questions. One: should I run the maf as a blow through or draw through? Two: should I run a (bypass/blowoff/whatever) valve that is venting at idle, and seals at higher rpms, or do I need a valve that only opens when there is an excess boost situation (I.e. Throttle valve slams shut)?

Thanks for being so patient with my repetitive questions, guys!!
    Mike A.K.A. Ferrari