If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Powercurve

Thread: Sway Bar Opine

Default Sway Bar Opine

I don't write here often, so hello to everyone again. I had a very busy job for the last 18 months with lots of travel, racking up about 150,000 frequent flyer miles. Well that position is done now and I have more time to drive and tinker with my toy.

I am going to buy a matching set of front/rear sway bars very soon. Tell me what you have and how affective they are. Or maybe i go with a panhard bar next? Car is a street car but I want it to have auto-cross tendencies.

I am rolling on lowering springs, Bilsteins, aftermarket uppers and lowers, sub frame connectors, but stock sways and k-member. Thanks for the help.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eibach's a super affordable performance swaybars.

I can only speak about Maximum Motorsports PHB's, but they require high quality pieces, but factory routed catbacks systems like Flowmasters, whereas most other aftermarket catbacks will have clearance issues with the MM unit. Not sure if other PHB manufacturers have similar issues or not(ie Griggs, Hotchkis, etc.)??
    -Troy "Get The Fox Out!"
    1992 LX Vert

I've used Eibach's on several cars with fantastic results

http://sefb.net/forums/image.php?u=2203&type=sigpic&dateline=1485354601

I have anew eibach front no rear. Biggest front one they make; I think it's 27 or 28mm.... I autocross with my club every chance I get. (If you want to get into it, lmk) it carves like a dream. You want a big front bar for weight transfer, and little to no bar in the rear so that it'll free and stay planted during body roll.
    Mike A.K.A. Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari View Post
    I have anew eibach front no rear. Biggest front one they make; I think it's 27 or 28mm.... I autocross with my club every chance I get. (If you want to get into it, lmk) it carves like a dream. You want a big front bar for weight transfer, and little to no bar in the rear so that it'll free and stay planted during body roll.
    No rear bar SUCKS.

I ran no rear on my 93 GT for a bit and it was scary.....added eibach bar and it was solid as a rock.

http://sefb.net/forums/image.php?u=2203&type=sigpic&dateline=1485354601

Default Sway Bar Opine

I was leaning towards the Eibach set or the MM front with a solid rear in their inventory. I don't want, nor need to mess with an adjustable rear Sway bar.

Unfortunate about the PHB, I don't want to run dumps now.