If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Powercurve
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Great job guys!

Default Getting Travis T's '84 Back On The Road!!!!

A letter from Travis' wife Shannon:

Dear SEFB and FEP Members,

It is a rare occasion when I am at a loss for words, but at the moment, words hardly seem an acceptable conveyance for what I feel.

I am truly overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of spirit that the car community continues to show me in my time of need. I cannot even begin to thank you all for the numerous messages of compassion and concern for my well being. On the hardest of days, encouraging words from others are sometimes the only things that help me cope with the loss, and allow me to keep moving forward. Therefore, I cannot emphasize enough what your well wishes mean to me. Nothing will bring back my best friend, but I am grateful that his friends have now become mine, and have rallied around me, offering their help and support.

Likewise, the comments written about Travis on the SEFB and FEP forums that were shared with me, made me smile. It was heart warming to know that other people have such great respect and esteem for my late husband. I know I'm slightly biased, but in all seriousness, he was such a kind hearted man, whose main goal was to help others in whatever way he could. He was a wonderful husband and human being throughout his life, who fought bravely until the very end. I could not be more proud of him, or who he was.

And now, there are SO many people that I want to thank. So much so, that I will never be able to mention everyone by name, but I intend to give it my best shot.

Brock Cunningham, Darran Teather, Gregory Koss, Jeff Cornell, Keith Neustaedter, Mark Wesley, Rich Straight, Ronald Sloop, Scott Williams, and probably many others I have missed, thank you for being a supportive friend during a horrible time in Travis' life. Your encouraging words via cards, emails, text messages, and phone calls kept him motivated and full of hope during his battle with cancer.

Ronald Sloop...thank you for having such a compassionate heart, and a willingness to help others. It was your idea to restore Travis' car and give him something to look forward to post-cancer, and to lift his spirits in the interim. Without your idea, none of this would have happened!

An enormous thank you to: Troy Raby, Ronald Sloop, Sam Poteat, Jeremy Bonds, Adam Poteat, David Sloop, Michael Hines, Rich Straight, and the countless members of SEFB (and others) who contributed parts, time, money, dedication, and hard work to make the restoration plan a reality. From the initial conception of the plan, to the commemorative display of my husband's 84 GT at 2016 Foxtober Fest, (as well as overseeing the selection process of a new owner yesterday) the SEFB community has worked tirelessly to make Travis' dream of having his car on the road again, a reality! Troy, Ronald, and Sam...you guys have been the driving force behind this project, and have continued to help me time after time as I've needed it. Thank you for being such good friends, and for looking out for me. I want you to know that even as sick as Travis was, the knowledge that he would be able to drive his beautifully restored car once he was well, gave him some much needed energy, and something to look forward to. Every time he got a progress report on the status of the project, he would get so excited! As a wife watching her husband struggle to do the simplest of tasks, such as walking and breathing, I cannot tell you how good it was to see him smile again! Thank you for giving my husband back his smile for a little while longer!

Finally, a tremendous thank you to Harry Richman for conceptualizing and implementing the donation/giveaway campaign, as well as the FEP community, who whole-heartedly supported his idea and ran with it! Harry's dedication and work behind the scenes, along with your enthusiasm and continuous efforts, have been instrumental in helping me raise money for impending bills, but most importantly, it has helped me find an adoptive parent for my husband's cherished car. I wanted to make sure that it found a new forever home with someone who would love it, and enjoy driving it as much as Travis did. I know that is what he would have wanted.

In closing, I would like to say that without the selfless generosity and support from the members of SEFB, FEP, and the car community as a whole, I could not have made it through this difficult time. You each played an important role in making all of this happen, and I cannot begin to tell you how much it means to have caring people like you in my life. I feel truly blessed to be able to call you friends. Thank you all for reaching out to help someone in their time of need. I pray that God will bless each of you, and that you and your loved ones will always be cancer free.

With warmest regards,

Shannon Trogdon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Troy "Get The Fox Out!"
    1992 LX Vert

Wow, very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JD

Wow...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Nothing Finer than a Roll Tider in Carolina
    LEO
    89 GT Stolen, Recovered, Recycling-- SOLD
    84 LX vert --- SOLD
    92 lx Vert-- Wife's ride buil with my stuff. LOL!!!!
    91 F150 4x4 shortbed 306 --- SOLD
    85 GT TTop --- Terminated Project

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345