Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Powercurve
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Getting Travis T's '84 Back On The Road!!!!

Most of you have seen Ronald's previous Prayer Request post for Travis T regarding his Stage 4 stomach cancer and that in post #11 the chances of a positive prognosis took a hit. In an effort to lift a friends spirit Ronald called me on the Saturday before Mustang Week wanting to get Travis' ailing '84 back on the road for him!

http://sefb.net/forums/showthread.ph...ghlight=travis

Background on the Four-eye:
    Travis has an '84 with a sunroof and iirc the previous owner put an '86 nose on it, which Travis swapped back to '84 vintage(although the used red nose didn't quite go with the black car). Then back in '09 the stock Holley carb began to give up the ghost so Travis parked it briefly with the intention of rebuilding the carb and possibly use the down time for some other upgrades. He began sourcing parts for a brake upgrade, a new/used rear bumper cover, an Edelbrock intake and factory radio amplifier among others things. It's already 5-lug swapped with '96-'98 Butterfly wheels(which we all dig!). I'm told the engine and trans are recent rebuilds and the rear end and suspension all looked pretty fresh!

Shortly before MW KB, Travis, Jeff and I decided with our Foxbody Cruise collection we would donate it towards cancer as it just seems to be affecting so many of us(directly and indirectly). The Cruise raise $900.

I told Ronald I loved the idea, but that I would need to run it by the other three guys first. A couple calls and texts later and we were unanimously on board. Considering Travis lives not too far from Sam at OTP and with Sam's current capabilities Ronald and I reached out to Sam and within about 15mins all the key players were in place. I told Ronald to call Travis to make sure he was ok with us taking his ride as this wasn't Overhaulin' with Chip Foose(but SEFB is a close second!). Travis was excited about the prospect his Fox would be back on the road soon again and better than ever! The next weekend Ronald arrived at Travis' house with truck and trailer and they loaded up the car and the parts and then Ronald pointed the rig towards OTP! This past Saturday Ronald, Nick and I left after the Concord meet to go inspect the project at hand. Of course Sam was there and then Adam of Kannapolis Engine Service stopped by. All of us surveyed the car and developed a game plan!

This is not a Save A Fox 2 type of project, but rather get it back on the road as fast as we can while addressing some issues. Think of it as a solid driver while looking great going down the road!

Phase 1: Get 'er running!
    The car has sat under a tree for the greater part of 7yrs and it appears a gas tank flush, battery, alternator, carb rebuild and cooling system assembly should get her fired up!

Phase 2: Apply Travis' Planned Upgrades!
    Get the SN95 brake swap complete. We need to confirm the cam in the car to determine if the valve springs Travis bought are really necessary. Install the factory amp and likely get the Edelbrock intake on??

Phase 3: Restoration and Beautification!
    We'll talk to FMR about helping address the interior needs as well as full weatherstripping and anything else that needs serious attention. The paint currently sits under an 1/8" of tree debris, but between the thin condition of the paint and the red front end Jeremy at OTP says "Just like AC/DC, it'll come out of the pant booth Back in Black!". New satin GT graphics will find there way in the appropriate places. Then new tires and a windshield will make there way on this four-eye as well.

How can SEFB help?
    We're going to use Cruise funds and we're employing at least three SEFB vendors to assist, with Sam and the crew providing the vast majority of the labor...so there's not a need for "build days" per se like we had with SAF. Ronald's Dad is going to rebuild the carb for us and Ronald also has a buddy at an auto parts store that can assist. Travis is also a long-time member on Four-Eyed Pride and we will be reaching out to the club leadership there to see if they want to help out with a donation towards the project. So what the project really needs is cash to pay for the discounted labor and parts we're blessed to be getting. Anyone that's willing to spare a few bucks can send it via paypal to southeasternfoxbodies@gmail.com and please label it with Travis T!

Thanks SEFB and stay tuned for updates!!

Pics of the car when Ronald picked it up!

Last edited by 1992vert; 08-09-2016 at 12:41 AM.
    -Troy "Get The Fox Out!"
    1992 LX Vert

Im so excited that this opportunity was presented to the club to help on a project like this. Thank you Ronald for coming up with it. Thank you Troy for running point on the idea. Thank you Sam for donating so much time and labor. Thank you to all the vendors who have and will step up. And thank you to all if you who im sure wont hesitate to send in money.

I think we all knew when saf was over, at some point we would help build another car with the timing was right, well this is it. Obviously the build levels are a little different, but the end result is going to be even more special. This makes me so proud to be apart of this club, words cannot even begin to explain! This is what this club is all about, helping a fellow member in need. But beyond that, this is what hot rodding is all about, heck this is what mankind should be all about, helping a brother in need.

Travis T, we love ya man and are praying for you, keep your head up and fight the fight! You've got a mustang to drive very shortly my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeff aka Chumlee aka Cobra_4

I have a basically new gas tank and plastic cover i'd give you guys.

-Greg

This is such a great idea!!

This is going to be awesome!!!!!

Curtis
    89 coupe
    PROJECT CAR

G-T-F-O

Jeff said it pretty well. This is what the club is all about. I'm happy to do whatever I can to help make a dream a reality for him!! Thanks to everyone who is jumping in with parts, labor and donations!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    http://sefb.net/forums/image.php?u=2203&type=sigpic&dateline=1485354601

You guys are awesome!!! I can't thank y'all enough for getting behind this... Can't wait to give this thing back to Travis and see him get down the road!

90 coupe 5.0 5peed sold
    93 reef blue hatch 5.0 5speed

Guys, this is just amazing to me. I was floored when Ronald stopped by the house and told me what was going to happen, This isn't just a Mustang to me, I have had the car for 25 years since shortly after I got my license. I have been through a lot with this car from it being a well kept stocker to the sad decline I let it get to just because of life. I was planning on having it running last December when I got my diagnosis and of course that changed everything. I still know I will be healed from this wretched disease but this sure is a huge pick me up. I can't thank you guys enough and if you have any questions about anything just ask. I wouldn't assume there was a tight bolt in the suspension though!

Platinum Supporting Member Platinum Supporting Member ruts87stang's Avatar

This is awesome!
    Just makes a Great Club even Better!

Awesome decision. Great plan.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Nothing Finer than a Roll Tider in Carolina
    LEO
    89 GT Stolen, Recovered, Recycling-- SOLD
    84 LX vert --- SOLD
    92 lx Vert-- Wife's ride buil with my stuff. LOL!!!!
    91 F150 4x4 shortbed 306 --- SOLD
    85 GT TTop --- Terminated Project

That's awesome guys! Donation sent!
    Dylan

'85 Mercury Marquis Wagon
    '92 GT

"I spent a lot of money on booze, women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best

Nice! Will send little something by the end the week.

Rough company co-founder BDASPNY's Avatar

best idea I've seen yet. I will be donating soon.

can you guys post a parts list since all of us have extra parts. maybe that can help it along.
    I bleed blue with no apology. I wont drink the lemming Koolaid. Brand loyal and PROUD of it. Originally Posted by fast50
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.

Really awesome to see this take place.
    1991 Ford LX Coupe #bombshell
    1987 Ford LX Coupe #Sandy
    1981 Ford LX Coupe #wickedstepsister (project)
    2001 Ford GT 03 Cobra swap
    1997 F250 7.3l TD
    65 Ford F100 #Dads65
    "It's your checkbook Sir........make it fast!!!"

What kind of air cleaner is going on the carb? I have a stock twin snorkle that he can have.

Quote Originally Posted by teddy1500 View Post
    What kind of air cleaner is going on the carb? I have a stock twin snorkle that he can have.
    he has the stock dual snorkel air cleaner. Thank you for the offer. Roy "fordstuff" is in need of one if you want to contact him to buy. (you guys may be able to work out a sale toward a donation.)
    Thanks
    Sam
    Sam

Hey Sam, I have a battery box and a new dipstick and tube that Travis and I had talked about awhile back. I'll bring those up to the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Yardfull View Post
    Hey Sam, I have a battery box and a new dipstick and tube that Travis and I had talked about awhile back. I'll bring those up to the shop.
    Awesome thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sam

Sam went by Daniel Carpenter's today and told them about the project...they gave us a complete set of weatherstripping!!

Also, Adam stopped by the get the valve springs swapped out...

...and Sammy got the valve covers sandblasted!

-Troy "Get The Fox Out!"
    1992 LX Vert

Do work guys!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    http://sefb.net/forums/image.php?u=2203&type=sigpic&dateline=1485354601

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast