If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Powercurve
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOOO WHOOO!

Default WOOO WHOOO!

I am sp glad there is a new section for all the audio stuff.

OK who is rocking out the Stangs and what ya doing it with?

i will start. Pioneer head with Sony speakers in the front, sides and rear with two 10 inch MTX subs pushed by a jackhammer 600wt amp
    Nothing Finer than a Roll Tider in Carolina
    LEO
    89 GT Stolen, Recovered, Recycling-- SOLD
    84 LX vert --- SOLD
    92 lx Vert-- Wife's ride buil with my stuff. LOL!!!!
    91 F150 4x4 shortbed 306 --- SOLD
    85 GT TTop --- Terminated Project

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Leo View Post

i will start. Pioneer head with Sony speakers in the front, sides and rear with two 10 inch MTX subs pushed by a jackhammer 600wt amp

Dang you post ***** you got the first post you suck LOL,

Ok my turn, lets see ive got um.... OEM 4" in the dash and nothing else right now. No radio, No 6 1/2's, No 5x7's Buuuttttttttt ive got something on the way for ya. Already started building some custom stuff as well as a stock pile of my old school PPI amps and some of the good Audio Control processors. Lets just say my last custom build had three custom fish tanks but im not doing that again

If anyone needs any help in this kinda stuff i would love to assist you. Im not good with motors and performance mods so that im learning but if there is one thing ive done for years is car audio.

Post ***** i am love this area of the car. Lets me be creative without needing to justify my timeslips, paintchips, and other ----
    LEO
    84 LX vert --- SOLD

Been Had Wheelies Silver91Hatch's Avatar

Pioneer DEH-P6600 in the Silver 91 Hatch DD, stock speakers all the way aorund, but they are premium sound. The Blue Coupe has the stock radio, dash speakers, and package tray speakers with Pioneer 3 way door speakers. Rollback a some new 6" door speakers with the stock head unit also... I need to do some serious upgrading on what ever is going to MW.
    Barry a.k.a. BJ, a.k.a. Junkyard Jedi.

Foxbodies:
    1991 Sonic Blue 5.0 Coupe SSP 5 Speed - 99% Stock 7.04 @ 98 mph
    1993 Burgandy 5.0 Coupe Auto - Not so stock 6.xx @ 10Xmph

In the 79 I have a whole in the dash, a cd player in the back seat I can't figure out how to work, and two twelves sitting in the basement no one will help me hook up
    Jeff aka Chumlee aka Cobra_4

got a 7inch touch screen dvd/radio (with all stock speakers) and two 10s in the trunk with a amp. not sure what kind they are cause i really haven't looked because of the car being at the shop getting a tranny.

Been Had Wheelies Silver91Hatch's Avatar

If you lived closer to civilization I would help you but your in the serious boonies, lol
    Barry a.k.a. BJ, a.k.a. Junkyard Jedi.

Foxbodies:
    1991 Sonic Blue 5.0 Coupe SSP 5 Speed - 99% Stock 7.04 @ 98 mph
    1993 Burgandy 5.0 Coupe Auto - Not so stock 6.xx @ 10Xmph

boosted89

I had an Alpine head unit, Kicker separates, Pioneers in the rear, a custom vinyl / plexiglass box to match the factory interior holding 2 JL 10's and Precision Power amps. I removed the box to make room for the roll bar. Then the quarterstick shifter kept interfering with the cd player, so out came the Alpine and in went a 93 Cobra radio delete plate. Nowadays the only tunes I listen to is the open downpipe lol.

In the 'vert I have a Pioneer head unit and factory speakers (LOL), but it is getting Boston Accoustic pro series seperates in the front, some sort of coaxial speakers in the back and probably a 12" sub in the back. Of course, I'll have to put some amps in there also.
    In the hatch, I have nada. I'm sure I'll come up with something eventually.
    I'll be in another Mustang one of these days.
    1999 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0 AWD.
    '85 GT - sold!
    '86 GT - sold!
    '89 'vert - sold!
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

mustangjunkie82

pioneer head unit,2 sets of tweets, lighting audio 5x7 in door, not sure in back deck,older kenwood amp,and 2 hart 10's for now but got to get something a lil different

Quote Originally Posted by tquinn03 View Post
    got a 7inch touch screen dvd/radio (with all stock speakers) and two 10s in the trunk with a amp. not sure what kind they are cause i really haven't looked because of the car being at the shop getting a tranny.
    Kicker competitions. And they are 12's with some crappy amp...

As for my 87, pioneer cd player with pioneer 6 1/2's in the doors!! Serious upgrades coming soon!!!

Underdrive pulleys,31 spline moser axles with posi,Ford motorsports aluminum drive shaft,Mac longtube headers w/ o/r h pipe and one chamber flows with dumps,BBK CAI,SCT tuner,king cobra clutch,8k HID's

MustangCRZY302

Fox has no radio or speakres lol but Focus has stock 6 disc changer, 8" sub, and Amp, all stock, hits pretty hard for a stock radio.

Oldie but a goodie. ...
    How has your audio changed in the last six years?
    LEO
    84 LX vert --- SOLD

I'm in the middle of upgrading the Gold Saleen as we speak(hope to have it wrapped up this weekend)...but everyone one of my rides HAS to have the tunes upgraded!

- I got the vert where I wanted it before taking it off the road so not much will change with it...maybe a custom trunk enclosure?
    - The '97 Cobra got a Mach460 delete and an '01-'04 console/radio bezel swap so I could put a double din in it(doing the same with Gold Member)
    - The '89 Saleen got a modest, but capable system added.
    - The Shelby got a JL Audio Stealth rear sub(13") which is really all the Shaker system needs.

Instead of blindly purchasing or allowing a salesman to sell me whatever he wants...I actually did some research this time and learned about Ohms and RMS wattage. I didn't go overkill on Gold Member, but just matched all the components up well(powerwise). I'm anxious to hear how it turns out.

Shopping list:

Kenwood Double-din head unit - $750(stepped up more than I planned here, however I really liked the Kenwood in the '97 so I wanted to do it again, but this it a newer version($$))
    ...everything else was pretty reasonable.
    Memphis 5x7 Component speakers(2 pair) - $200
    Pioneer 12" Sub and Box - $180
    Kicker 4-channel Amp - $200
    Kicker Mono Amp(Sub) - $240
    Dual Amp install kit - $180(good quality wiring and all the things you need are very helpful with these kits)
    Last edited by 1992vert; 02-14-2016 at 10:56 AM.
    -Troy "Get The Fox Out!"
    1992 LX Vert

Like half the speakers work in the svo and the cd player works great as long as its on radio and you dont try and play a cd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 Blessed 2 Be Stressed prettyboy28364's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Leo View Post

Leo when you get time FB message me a pic of the trunk area please. Thanks!
    "Fox Body Style Mustang Groupie 79-93 For Life"

The 82 has the original working radio and amp in it. I'm going to leave it and just upgrade the speakers. I'm amazed it's even still in it.
    89#415 saleen vert wife's toy
    90 lx son's pending first car
    78 Fairmont tbd
    82 GT t top my toy

Quote Originally Posted by prettyboy28364 View Post
    Leo when you get time FB message me a pic of the trunk area please. Thanks!
    Anthony
    That set up was in my 89 Gt from six years ago. Loved it. Did a rear seat delete and brought it out to several Quaker Steak meets back then. I kept the head unit and regular speakers for the vert. The subs and amp were put in my white f150 that I went to my first mustang week in. I sold that truck and striped the gt. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures from back then. The vert has such a small trunk that we routinely fill with folding chairs and coolers that I never added bass. Mainly because I rode in Troy's vert that had the bass and couldn't feel it like I did in my GT.
    LEO
    84 LX vert --- SOLD

I'm doing a very similar setup in the 03 cobra like Troy is doing in the golden nugget. Sony double DIN, kicker 5.25's in the rear, kicker 5x7's in the doors, kicker 1200.1 running a s12l7 kicker sub, and a kicker 300.4 for all the surround speakers. Very simple but should sound great.

I have another s12l7 in the closet that I want to integrate into the shaker setup in the 2014 gt.

New new fox......idk yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://sefb.net/forums/image.php?u=2203&type=sigpic&dateline=1485354601

Quote Originally Posted by fairmont357 View Post
    The 82 has the original working radio and amp in it. I'm going to leave it and just upgrade the speakers. I'm amazed it's even still in it.
    I was also shocked to see the original radio in my 89. I've tossed a dozen of those things away over the years but now it's like finding a couple hundred dollar bills in the glove box. Hopefully it still works and if it does I plan on simply upgrading the speakers. I wouldn't mind to pull it out and send it off to one of those places that installs an aux cable into them so I could still have some Iphone tunes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast